Dance Expressions Policies
● Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, regardless of vacations, holidays, and inclement weather, and is due no later than the 10th. Invoices will be sent via e-mail, on the 25th of each month.
● Payments can be made via cash, check, credit card, e-check, online through the customer portal, autopay, or mail. Postage must be before the 10th to avoid a late fee when mailing your payment.
● There is a convenience fee on all credit card payments (see our electronic fees page). Payment by cash, physical check, or e-check do not have an added fee. Current fees can be found on our website and will automatically be applied to the account.
● After the 10th of the month, a $25 late fee will be charged and enforced on all accounts past due, regardless of what the balance is for. ie: shoes, apparel, recital fee, costumes, tuition, etc.
● All accounts that sign up for autopay will be drafted on the 1st of the month. Auto-pay accounts will have the full amount due each month charged to their credit card or e-check, including but not limited to shoes, apparel, performance fee, costumes, tuition, etc.
● When enrolling 2 or more students from the same household, you will receive 10% off the lowest class tuition. This discount excludes shoes, apparel, recital fee, costumes, entry fees, etc.
● Tuition is not pro-rated for absences.
● Tuition is calculated on a set number of classes in the season and broken down into 9 monthly payments. Each class has 2 bonus classes in the schedule. If any class is canceled for inclement weather more than the 2 bonus days scheduled, a make-up class will be scheduled in the spring.
● There is a $35.00 charge for returned checks and a $10.00 charge for bounced ACH transactions.
● Accounts with a 60-day outstanding balance will not be permitted to attend class until the account is brought current or payment arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
● All accounts must be paid in full by May 25th, or a $50 late fee will be charged to the account. No student will be allowed to perform in the Annual Performance if their account has a balance.
● The Performance Package includes the Recital Fee and Costumes.
o The Recital Fee includes a recital t-shirt, a digital download of the shows, access to the Livestream feed of the shows, and a DE good luck gift. This fee is split into 4 monthly payments – Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, Feb 1st.
o The Costume Fees include costume(s), accessories, DE garment bag, tights (when applicable), and tax. Fees are split into 4 monthly payments – Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, Feb 1st.
▪ Kinder classes will perform ballet and tap numbers in the recital and will have only one costume.
▪ Jazz & Tap will use the same costume for Intro to Youth and Youth levels.
▪ Junior thru Senior classes will have one costume per genre.
▪ Beginning Pointe classes will not participate in the recital and will not have a costume fee.
▪ Tumbling classes are non-recital classes; however, we offer a separate class starting in January for a tumbling routine that will perform in the recital. If you would like to participate, you must sign up for the routine rehearsal class. The tumbling routine will have one costume.
● Class adds/switches after November 15th will result in the possible purchasing of additional costumes.
● Auto-payment Accounts: Fees for your child’s recital fee and costume fees will be charged to the credit card or e-check you have on file unless you have set up different payment arrangements. Charges will be drafted on each due date - Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, and Feb 1st.
● Costume Distribution: Dancers will receive their costume(s) around the beginning of May.
● Refunds: All Performance Package payments (recital fee and costume fees) are non-refundable. If a student withdraws from a class after the Performance Package is paid in full, they may pick up their costume(s) between May 1st - 20th. Costumes not picked up by then will be donated.
CLASS FORMAT / CANCELLATIONS
● A 3-minute transition period has been allotted in all schedules for ease of changing classes.
● We have a closed classroom policy; however, parents can watch class via waiting room monitors.
● No refunds will be made for students who, for any reason, do not come to class. Dancers are encouraged to attend makeup classes for classes missed.
● If withdrawal from a class becomes necessary, a 30-day notice is required by submitting the Withdraw Form found on our website. You are responsible for the tuition amount for the 30 days, and until such notification, charges will continue to be invoiced to the account.
● DE reserves the right to cancel a class due to a teacher’s illness, although there will be a substitute in most cases. If this happens, we will arrange a make-up time for classes. Your monthly tuition will not be adjusted whether you choose to attend the make-up class or not.
● During inclement weather, an e-mail will be sent out if classes are canceled. You may also visit our app, website, and/or Facebook page for cancellation updates. We follow DeSoto and Olathe schools for closings.
● The registration fee is $30 per student or $50 per family, which is non-refundable and due at the time of registration. Your child’s spot in class is not reserved until the registration fee is received.
● All students are automatically enrolled in the year-end recital, except for, Tumbling. To participate in the tumbling routine, you must register for the tumbling rehearsal class. You may opt-out by submitting the Recital Opt-Out Form, which can be found on the website.
● Dress rehearsal is mandatory to participate in the recital unless arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
● Shoes and apparel are due at the time of purchase. Auto-pay accounts will automatically be charged at the time of purchase.
● Specific performance dates and times for classes are subject to change.
● If your child is at the age of needing assistance to use the restroom, we recommend you stay at the studio during their class time.
● Dance Expressions cannot assume responsibility for the loss of personal property.
● Parents are responsible for their children before and after classes. Please drop off and pick up your child no more than 10 minutes before and after their class time.
● Your child’s photo & video may be used on the DE website, Instagram, Facebook, and other marketing materials.
I have read a copy of Dance Expressions policies and will take the responsibility to follow the rules and policies therein carefully. I understand that Dance Expressions does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holidays, vacations, illness, weather, etc. I further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child's participation with Dance Expressions. I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
PARENT RELEASE FORM FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
I give permission for Dance Expressions to use video footage and/or photographs of my child. This usage may include (but is not exclusive to) displaying publicly, distributing, or publishing, photographs, and/or video of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to:
● printed materials (e.g. - brochures and newsletters)
● online and offline advertising and promotions
● videos and digital images for use on social media.
I acknowledge that I am giving unrestricted permission for my child’s image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by Dance Expressions for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notification. I do understand that any identifying information including surname and location will not be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of the benefits derived from Dance Expressions, I (we), my heirs and executors do agree to indemnify and hold harmless, release and discharge Dance Expressions North, Inc, it’s agents, servants, or employees from any and all claims for personal injuries or property damage occurring to or sustained by my (our) child while participating in the said dance or tumbling activity, or while in the act of being transported to and from any activity related to dance or tumbling and including any and all consequential damage claims which I (we) may be entitled to recover from said injury or property claim.